Thursday, October 2, 2014

Nice Vice


Ever thought about what you're top vice is? I've so many, I lost count years ago. Not to brag, but suffering from chronic perfectionism, OCD (CDO for those of us who understand), mega artist complex, and anxiety they can't live without me. They define that person I like to call my evil twin, and if I stopped feeding them, I wouldn't have an evil twin.
A long time ago someone told me that weaknesses were strengths overdone...well I that didn't help this monstrous ego I am saddle with because out came the snob. "Hahaha so really you're telling me I am too good at everything." (evil monologue laugh.)

(courtesy of google images)

Ok, so that got me thinking and being sick recently has helped me calmly formulate an idea for a post. All writers are artists, and even business persons have a unique creative intellect. We are a special kind of OCD (boy, it hurts to even write that) and have a huge chip on our shoulders. We all have vices, and some of the best ways to change said habits are to realize we have them in the first place. They do affect us negatively, and it is something we can change...so why hide it anymore? Believe me, often times the last person to know about the vice is the person who has it. You won't surprise anyone but yourself with this introspective assignment. 
In an effort to ameliorate our imprisoned souls from the stigma that all artists/business persons are stuck up, I propose we allow a moment of honesty pierce through our ever creative worlds and think of our vice that we most often struggle with. I am actually collecting and making a scrapbook of the neatest takes on vices, so to kick of this new honesty fest here it goes...

Prime Vice: MY OPINIONS
I have the worst, and most embarrassing habit of assuming everyone is entitled to my opinions and not their own. Technically they aren't facts so I shouldn't be so full of myself. No matter how much truth I have use to levy off any rivers of doubt regarding my heavily fortified opinion, that doesn't mean that one day the rivers might swell and overwhelm the dam. I need to become a more appreciative of people's opinions. (Note: this is NOT including morals- we all know what's wrong and no matter the excuses just because you don't like it doesn't make a moral issue an issue of opinion.)

(courtesy of google images)
 
My goal is train my spirit into the ultimate sai-keirei- so far I meet everyone disrespectfully face to face...FAIL

No comments:

Post a Comment