Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Bloggables and Swashbuckling

My life as an author basically consists of lots of sleep, writing, and a little odd jobs here and there. Since I started this blog I have had the time of my life building up my fan base and just finding interesting things to say to engage an audience. One thing that never works, math titles. Don't try it. It kills views.
So today, as I was rummaging through my office (fancy word for any place I have cluttered to death) I found all sorts of old poems and stack of papers that are ages old. And my first two thoughts were: I wonder if this would make a good blog and this page looks like a pirate beard, hahaha arrrrrg! You can guess which one I had more fun with off the bat.

 
(This is totally what I saw in my mind
check out the original at DeviantArt)


So going through your old writings can be a horror storm of emotions, but ultimately its like watching a child grow. You can see how you have evolved and honed your skills, maybe even realize your old self had a purity to it that you would like to regain. Whether is looking at pictures of your youth or seeing something your wrote in third grade, those things are priceless treasures. (And no I am not an narcissist...maybe)
(My reaction... "A pirate cross dressing princess...next story!")


So now for the informational section:
Would any of you believe that the posts on a blog that generate the most views are the nonsensical ones? I totally was taken by surprise on that one. Apparently according to feedback and viewer trends, not many people are interested in step by step instructions and clear cut plans, but would rather be distracted by an amusing post with once central lesson. So as you go about creating your blog or even having conversations about your business, keep it interesting.

As many of you are aware the goal of this blog is to help people get to know me, and perhaps even learn a few things themselves about marketing, authorship, writing and such, but by popular demand I am changing things up. So look forward to more fun posts and a lot less technicalities.  

No comments:

Post a Comment