Friday, September 12, 2014

The Blah, Blah, Blah, Zone of Life

 
Spicing up your blog can be tough. Sure magazines and social media teach you how to add spice to just about anything, including your love life. But what if you just don't feel like spicing that one up just yet, it's already too hot to handle or you just aren't past cuddles yet and that's ok! Either way there is more to spice up than just a love life or relationships.
For me, adding spice to everyday tasks is a must. A little dash of flava, a pinch of sprinkles, and a whole lotta attitude makes for a great triple threat. But have you ever looked into your cabinetry of ideas and found that (GASP) they are pretty empty? I write every day, probably over 1500 words, and that's not including my profess jobs like my novels, blog, email, and stuff. While I am a full time writer and talker (if you ask my sisters), eventual the doldrums seize me and I have nothing to say-yes, be at awe- even I can be out of words. It's like all my inventive spirits are exhausted like my nerves and I end up having a string of nothing but Dick and Jane sentences (miles away, my editor faints in horror).
Even when things are going well, I find that I can't help occationally wanting and having self pitty that things aren't better. So what can be done about a dried up muse? What can make a day fun? How can one add pizazz back into their life and not feel so empty and depressed? 
Truth is, till recently I hadn't a clue. I would clean my room, vacuum, wash windows, shop, read, watched cartoons, cook...I would just exist... and eventually happiness and inspiration would  just come back. Recently though I've seen some neat ideas that I have begun to implement and though I would share. They really work!

Journal: While it may seem silly, no one will read your diary, so Dick and Jane away. But journal about meaningful experiences, don't focus on drivel, go for thought provocative topics. Like how you witnessed a homeless man share his meal with a stray dog who was just as hungry.

Spend time with children: Unless you're a shrew or particularly nasty man, the laughter and joy of a child is contagious. No one like to see a spoiled one, you got me there, but try and walk by a park or playground just to hear their laughter and fun. It's scientifically proven to stimulate endorphins and help you gain an extra pep.     

Silence: While in actual depression, silence can be a negative experience. For those who experience the occasional plight of melancholy, there is some benefit from meditation while looking at a peaceful scene. If you tend to link happy thoughts with cafes, grab a light Danish and just relax. Do you find the park, lake, or walk along the beach sound just right: then go for it. Do something that catches your fancy and that is fairly local. And don't be a downer and think on what you would rather be doing if you had more time or money, enjoy a simple moment and set aside extravagances. The point is to be free of stress and ill-bred thoughts.

Stress Management: I can't mention being happy without mentioning stress levels. Who ever you are, whatever you do, you have stress and chances are if you are working class, Asian, student, parent, or newly-wed you have wa-ay more stress than a human should. Try and seek help if your stress seems to be a daily issue, otherwise find a stress relief program that fits your schedule and makes you smile. If it's changing your environment by rearranging things, printing out a picture of your loved one, or just asking a friend to listen over a cup of tea, relive your stress frequently in healthy outlets. The more you relieve stress the more it tends to roll off your shoulders.

Though I'm not a doctor lots of my information has come from MDs. I am a ticking time bomb of medical issues but it doesn't help to dwell on your problems alone. Talk about them openly and honestly with someone you trust, find a resolution, and move on. Life is too short to be contained in the grey-clouded mindset. Each day is a gift and each breath a chance to enjoy it.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment